If you’re on a capped data plan or if you like watching Neon on your mobile, Data Saver is here for you!
Data Saver lets you control how much data you’re using by choosing the video quality that’s right for you.
To get started, press the ‘cog’ icon in the top right of the player controls and choose which data setting you’d like to play the video with. Choose 'Saver' mode to restrict your viewing to low data usage. Or if data’s no issue, treat yourself to 'High' mode for a more data-intensive, premium viewing experience.
You can also choose your Data Saver settings in the menu. Open the menu and choose 'Settings'. Here you can set your preferences for video on both Mobile connections (on the go) and WiFi (e.g on your home WiFi). Mobile connections will be set to Saver by default and WiFi is set to High.
Data Saver options Saver
- Saver - Uses least data (up to 0.5 GB per hour)
- Standard* - Standard Definition (up to 1 GB per hour)
- High* - High Definition (up to 3 GB per hour)
* Lower quality video may still be used on Standard and High settings if your network connection is not capable of streaming high quality video.
If you do not wish to use Mobile Data when out of range of WiFi, this can be disabled from settings and switching off Mobile Data for Neon.
If you're watching via Chromecast and Airplay on an iOS device:
- Standard and High settings can be applied to Chromecast, however ‘Saver’ mode is not supported
- Data Saver settings can not be applied to Airplay.