You can turn captions on or off by selecting the CC icon in the top right of the player. If you're not able to see the CC logo on your Apple device, you'll need to make sure captions are enabled in your device settings and that you have updated to the latest operating system (OS). iOS devices on iOS 10.3.3 and above are currently supported.
- Go to Settings > General >Accessibility
- Scroll to the Media section and tap [Subtitles & Captioning]
- Tap [Closed Captions + SDH] to turn it on.
If you want to customise captions or subtitles, tap Style, then choose from the options.
Apple TV 4:
Subtitle and caption settings must be adjusted from the Apple TV menu before they can be adjusted in an app.
Captions are supported on Apple TV 10.3.3 and above.
To adjust your settings on Apple TV:
- From the device home screen, select Settings > General > Accessibility
- Enable Closed Captions +SDH.
If closed captions aren't available on your favourite shows yet, let us know!